Climate change regulation is now being defined at federal levels in both Canada and the US. If passed, the proposed regulation will legally bind between 10,000 and 15,000 North American corporations to cap-and-trade regulation beginning as early as 2012.
From reporting and compliance to offset eligibility and allowance provisions; organizations affected by this regulation face a high degree of confusion, complexity and uncertainty in attempting to comply with the many and varied regulatory requirements they face.
At Delphi, we specialize in helping clients develop and implement GHG management and compliance strategies that reduce risk while optimizing the cost of compliance.
For years, we have provided products and services that enable clients to:
- Identify, assess and quantify compliance liabilities;
- Quantify, track and manage the total cost of compliance;
- Optimize the cost of compliance taking into account numerous compliance options and differing offset, allowance and credit prices;
- Forecast multi-year compliance costs while accounting for varying compliance mechanisms; internal abatement, fund contributions, allowances, offsets and changes in the cost of carbon; and,
- Create ‘what if’ emissions profiles and full cost capital investment scenarios.
In the last 20 years, we have completed over 500 climate change and sustainability projects for more than 200 clients. Let our experience and expertise help you develop bullet proof GHG management and compliance strategies that reduce risk and optimize the cost of compliance both today and tomorrow.